My Dream

We will inherit acreage on a farm in Battle Ground, WA when my father in-law passes away. He is 95 now. My goal for this is to have my daughter, who is an architect, build us a house. I know this costs a lot of money, but between the money we inherit and selling our existing house it should be enough. This puts me closer to my family in Portland, OR. When you get older family is very important I think.

No Service Needed

I took it in for the service and they told me I had the wrong plate. I needed the zigzag plate. After paying $50 for the zigzag plate I can now sew wide stitches! Also, the foot control arrived today! Unfortunately, my thing I was selling is going to be one day late.

New Machine going in for service

The new machine won’t sew any wide stitches. It makes bad noises and gives a gear error message. I got a 15 day extension on the return time because service takes 30 days. It is irritating that they didn’t have it serviced before selling it. I hope it is fixable, but if not I will return it. I am trying to be brave and not sad.

New Sewing Machine Status

Well, it actually came with a power cord even though they said it would not. Unfortunately, it did not come with a bobbin case. I had to go to the store to buy one today and it was expensive. The part I am missing now is the foot control which doesn’t come until Saturday. I am now sewing by pushing a button which I have not totally learned to control yet. It’s an adventure!

My New Sewing Machine Has Arrived!

I can’t use it yet. I purchased a display model from eBay. I had to buy all accessories, including power cord, separately. The power cord is due to arrive today. I have a feeling it’s going to be delivered to the mail box where I won’t see it until tomorrow. Hopefully I will last that long…

No hiking tomorrow

We were going to go hiking tomorrow. I had the hike all picked out. Then we thought about all of the corona-virus cases and decided not. The last times we have been hiking we passed lots of people without masks. I think it’s not worth the risk right now. The hike I had picked out can be done in the winter, so we will do it a different weekend when things are not so bad.